What is MaLa?MaLa is a multi emulator front-end designed for all 32bit Windows operating systems (I have had reports it work fine on 64 bit) . It supports the Windows command line version of MAME with XML ROM info (> 0.84), PC Games and all command line based emulators. You can easily make it run on earlier versions of mame (as I do) by using a XML file generated by a later version.
Who needs Mala?Anyone who wants to launch MAME and other Games (emulated or not) from an Interface that does not look like 'windows', can be controlled with Arcade Controls, is simple and versatile to suit your cab to get you playing the games you love quickly.
What Features does Mala Have?
- Rotatable in any direction (0, 90, 180, 270) on the fly for horizontal and vertical screens
- Controllable by arcade controllers with configurable controller settings for all front end functions
- Controller detection: rotate and load game list depending on the controls that were touched (cocktail tables)
- On the fly programming of keyboard encoders
- Mouse support for trackballs, spinner and dials
- Virtual shift, key, full control with less controls
- Keyboard hook and hotkeys: No need for wrappers or specialized emulator versions
- Hardware Support: MaLa Hardware (LED + LCD), Ultimarc PacDrive (LED), BetaBrite Displays, serial LCD, GGG LEDWiz (LED), Ultimarc UltraStik360, ...
- LED Attract mode
- Comprehensive game list filter options and memorized filter sets
- Plugins - including support for hardware like LedWiz, Serial LCD's & Ultrastick (you can make your own if you can code in C++ or Delphi)
- No ini file editing
- !! AND MORE !!